Fun for beginners, percussion instruments accessible to all were the intent of this composition.
All keyboards are for two mallets.
1. Are You Ready? : Introduces all the percussion instruments used in this work. Pay special attention to the balance of keyboards and drums.
2. Shake It!: You can use any percussion instrument or accessory that creates sound by shaking. Original hand-made instruments such as plastic bottles and cans are good too.
3. floccinaucinihilipilification : Aim to capture the straight forward, clean yet somewhat dry characteristic that only percussive instruments can reflect. Plain and dispassionate expression can be accomplished by just going through the motions of playing each part.
4. Wooden Doll's Dream : Imagine a cute doll dancing in its dream. For percussion instruments and keyboards, anything that is made of wood.
5. Samurai : any membranophone percussion instruments are acceptable. Depict an energetic and sharp ensemble performance like a Japanese katana sword. Vocalized shouts are encouraged.
6. See You ! : This is the last movement. You have met various percussion instruments. Now make a promise to see them again.
As long as parts 1, 2, 3 are playing, parts 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 can add any parts. Have a creative imagination; be original and fun.
Perc1 Mari., *Maracas, Glock., Xylo., *S.D.
Perc2 Vib. *Tamb. Mari. *Conga
Perc3 Bongo, 2Toms, *Shaker, 2Sus.Cym.,Mari.
Perc4 (Opt.)Xylo., *Maraccas, Chime, *W.Block, *Shimedaiko (or Bongo or S.D.)
Perc5 (Opt.)Glock.,*Caxixi, W.Chime, *3 Temple Block, *Okedoudaiko (or Lowtone Conga or Tom-tom), Xylo.
Perc6 (Opt.)Tri., *Pandero, *Stick, *Small B.D.(or Miyadaiko or Lowtone Timp.), Shaker, Chime
Perc7 (Opt.)*Shaker, Tam-tam, *Stick, *Floor Tom, S.D. 2 Sus Cym.
Perc8 (Opt.)B.D., *Shekere, Monkey Tambourine, *Stick, W.Chime
*In Mvt’s 2, 4 or 5 you may substitute other appropriate instruments.
#Mari., Xylo., Glock., Triangle, 2 Sus. Cym., Wind Chimes are shared.